“A picture is worth a thousand words” is becoming increasingly true in the world of digital content marketing. Visual content marketing has proven time and again to increase followers, readers, leads, clients, and revenue. It's no surprise that humans are a very visual species: think about the last time you bought a bottle of wine, picked up a magazine, or even made your last purchase. Whether you are aware of it or not, 93% of human communication is non-verbal.
At Red Ivy, we believe that creativity can elevate a business on both a commercial and emotional level. We call it talking in black and white while thinking in colour.
Whether it's in print or online, from business cards to billboards, logos to brochures, here are five reasons why professional graphic design is more important than you think:
- Brand recognition - A company's brand starts with a great logo that expands to every aspect of your business. Your logo should be professionally done and needs to target your consumers in a way that is functional and attractive at the same time. The brand should instantly connect your products or services with the audience.
- First impressions matter - Any company needs to make a great first impression, and the first time a visitor interacts with your brand in any capacity will set the tone for the rest of your business relationship. Your logo and marketing collateral has only a fraction of a second to make this impression. A cheap design will have a negative impact on your company, and it takes a lot more time to have a change of opinion after a first impression is made.
- It conveys a message of credibility and professionalism - Professional graphic design extends beyond the company website and logo. It helps produce visual aids to communicate your idea to the consumer. Aesthetically pleasing, professionally designed graphics will cause other persons to form positive opinions about the professionalism and credibility of your brand. Presentation and perception can make or break any business, so it's essential to present your brand in the best possible way by investing in quality graphic design.
- Money - Badly designed graphics can be costly to correct. When opting for a cheap design, you may end up with a lacklustre product or service that is not suitable for your brand, and you may have to spend more money on a new design. On the other hand, a professional graphic designer will create a product that is not too expensive for the positive return on investment it brings.
- Your message matters - Above all, graphic design is vital for any business to tell their story. Whether you're a sole trader selling handmade jewellery on Etsy or part of multi-million dollar e-commerce operation, your company has a story to tell. Great graphic design communicates more than just words to your audience. Even simple design elements like font choice and colour scheme can help to portray an emotion or feeling that supports your message. While the message of all the graphics in your business will differ slightly, they should all tell the same story about your brand. Having a brand guide in place will help you and your team choose design elements that tell the same story and keep the look of your brand consistent.
At Red Ivy, we take pride in our work and believe in a design-led approach where we use research and strategy to uncover bold ideas and authentic concepts. We're good at listening and take time to fully grasp our client's personality and objectives, which helps develop long-term relationships where we continue to deliver world-class graphic design across different platforms.
Successful projects come from communication and understanding of what our clients expect, and for over 20 years we've helped our clients communicate with clarity and personality, to find their brand voice and talk to their audience in a memorable way with imagination, a sharp eye for detail and with soul.
Graphic design and website development pricing varies depending on if billing is done on a hourly basis or a project basis. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for your no obligation quote or visit www.redivy.com.au to view our graphic design gallery.